Stitch Sayers (1st Degree)
Stitch first started training at Kicks in 1998 under Instructors Jim Caldecourt and Antony Hogbin. As a Junior Stitch studied Kung Fu, and as an adolescent he trained in mixed martial arts.
From 1998 – 2001 Stitch trained with Kicks and got up to Blue Belt. An injury and a move from Brighton forced Stitch to take a considerable amount of time out from training (2001 – 2008).
At the start of 2009 Stitch returned to training and studying under Chief Instructor Chris Kent. From his return, Stitch’s intention was to work towards coaching others in order to help them experience the benefits of a sport he feels so passionately about. Stitch had previously coached and run the admin side for a Football team, and knew he had the skills to transfer this to setting up a Kicks Kickboxing Club in Eastbourne.
Stitch has spent the last two years putting in 100s of hours of training and assisting in order to reach this dream.
His commitment is even more evident when you know that this is alongside running his own fulltime business, developing a new business with his wife; and being the father of two young children.
- Obtained Black Belt in 2011.
- 2009: Started assisting with Junior Kickboxing Classes under Instructor Chris Kent.
- Summer 2010 (with Peter Muffett as Acting Instructor) Stitch set up and started the Kicks Club in Eastbourne.
- 2010 / 2011 Stitch was both Assistant and Cover Instructor under Peter Muffett and Shane Kent. He did this in order to obtain the teaching hours required by Kicks to set up a Kicks Club. This achieved, Stitch is now building up his class in Eastbourne and will look to develop Kicks training in this part of Sussex.
- Has helped ringside for Kicks fighters.
- Stitch is also a Cover Instructor for both Junior and Senior Classes in Brighton, and at Sussex University.
- Absolute First Aid Certificate June 2011.
- CRB checked
- Martial Arts
Kicks Club Info
- About Us and History
- Membership Details
- Competition Reports
- Womens Kickboxing
- Contact Us